Sustainability at NMSU is a lifestyle and a responsibility. It relates to improving and maintaining the quality of human life while preserving the integrity, stability, and beauty of ecological systems.
As of February 1, 2015 we now have 32 hydration stations on main campus!
Find them here!
- Activity Center (4) – First floor weight room, 2nd floor east end corridor, main entrance center corridor, NMSU Dance and Human Performance corridor
- Breland Hall – Corridor north of student lobby
- Business Complex – NW corner between restrooms
- Campus Health Center – Inside center of building (need escort)
- Coaches Office Building – Front lobby
- Computer Center – First floor center of building between restrooms
- Conroy Honors – Lower level at bottom of west stairwell
- Corbett Center (3) – Center of building on each floor
- Domenici Building – North corridor opposite restrooms
- Education Services – NW corner of building in main lobby
- Field House – Main corridor off north entrance next to restrooms
- Foster Hall – Second floor east corridor
- Fulton Center – First floor lobby
- Gerald Thomas – First floor just south of main north entrance
- Hadley Hall – Basement, center of building
- Milton Hall – Basement, center of building next to vending machines
- Music Building – Main lobby on north wall
- Natatorium (2) – Inside pool area at NE corner
- O’Donnell Hall – Lower level next to restrooms around corner from Subway
- Walden Hall – Second floor hallway between restrooms
- Williams Hall – Main corridor off north lobby
- Zuhl Library – First floor inside elevator lobby
- Garcia Hall (2) – Main lobby east and west side
- Rhodes Garrett Hamiel – Front lobby
- Piñon – Front lobby
Click here to see a map. Last updated August 15, 2014
NMSU Office of Sustainability encourages everyone to bring their own drinking cups and water bottles to lower waste in the landfills and to show our Green Aggie pride. Facilities and Services Plumbing Shop is making it easier to refill those bottles with cool filtered water from refill stations located throughout campus. New ones are installed every few months so check out this page to see the latest list of Halsey Taylor bottle filling stations.
Toner Recycling Program
A Toner Recycling program was started in November 2012. Office Max provides 20x20x20 boxes for free. NMSU departments request a box, fill it with empty toner cartridges in the new cartridge box, then call us for a pick up. We then deliver a new empty box. FS Movers partner with the OoS by picking up the full boxes and delivering them to the FS Warehouse for UPS pickup – all paid for by our partner Office Max. We keep plastic and other materials from the landfill by using this program.
Office of Sustainability Initiative #3 is Waste Reduction. In the first two months of the program (Nov-Dec 2011) we recycled almost 80 toner cartridges. By March of 2014, with 56 locations across campus, a total of approximately 800 cartridges have been kept from the landfill. Thanks to everyone who is involved for your support! Give the OoS a call if you want your own toner recycling box: 646-7563.