Sustainability at NMSU is a lifestyle and a responsibility. It relates to improving and maintaining the quality of human life while preserving the integrity, stability, and beauty of ecological systems.
Hydration Station locations from West to East on main campus
- Gerald Thomas: (1) center hall close to north entrance
- Music Building: (1) front lobby
- Hadley Hall: (1) lower level corridor in middle of building
- Foster Hall: (1) middle floor, enter from north
- Milton Hall: (1) lower level outside room 85 in middle of building
- New Science Hall: (1) 1st floor middle of building, next to restrooms
- Zuhl Library: (1) first floor elevator lobby
- Corbett Center: (3) one on each floor toward middle of building
- Natatorium: (2) in pool area
- Activity Center: (4) 1st floor weight room, 2nd floor east end corridor, main entrance hallway, NMSU Dance office
last updated May 21, 2014
Coming soon: Coca Cola weight room, Coaches Office building, and this summer Housing and Residential Life is installing one Hydration Station in the lobby of each housing unit. Thank you Facilities and Services Plumbing Shop!
NMSU Office of Sustainability encourages everyone to bring their own drinking cups and water bottles to lower waste in the landfills and to show our Green Aggie pride. Facilities and Services Plumbing Shop is making it easier to refill those bottles with cool filtered water from refill stations located throughout campus. New ones are installed every few months so check out this page to see the latest list of Halsey Taylor bottle filling stations.
Toner Recycling Program
A Toner Recycling program was started in November 2012. Office Max provides 20x20x20 boxes for free. NMSU departments request a box, fill it with empty toner cartridges in the new cartridge box, then call us for a pick up. We then deliver a new empty box. FS Movers partner with the OoS by picking up the full boxes and delivering them to the FS Warehouse for UPS pickup – all paid for by our partner Office Max. We keep plastic and other materials from the landfill by using this program.
Office of Sustainability Initiative #3 is Waste Reduction. In the first two months of the program (Nov-Dec 2011) we recycled almost 80 toner cartridges. By March of 2014, with 56 locations across campus, a total of approximately 800 cartridges have been kept from the landfill. Thanks to everyone who is involved for your support! Give the OoS a call if you want your own toner recycling box: 646-7563.