It is in the Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences college. Its mission statement is to spread environmental awareness, give back to the community, encourage students to branch out, and introduce students to new and exciting possibilities. ESSO strives to educate the community on earth sciences and environmental sustainability.
ESSO Purpose and Objectives
1. Advancement of environmental knowledge and awareness at New Mexico State University and the community
2. Mentor and advise members on academic and non-academic matters involving environmental science
3. Network members with environmental field professionals through volunteer projects\
ESSO meets are virtual every other Wednesday at 6:30pm.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
President: Brittany H.
Vice President: Angie S.
Treasurer: Alba L.
Secretary: Symphony S.
Social Media Chair: Autumn P.
ACES Council: Tristan R.
Skeen Compost Club
Compost Club began an on-campus composting system in the June 2017 that collects food waste from the third-floor office and lab area of Skeen Hall. In three years, approximately 1600 pounds of food waste from student, staff, and faculty lunches have been composted and diverted from the landfill. The compost is located on campus near Skeen Hall.
In addition to composting, the organization grows fruits and vegetables at the Student Research and Education Garden, a 2-acre USDA certified organic farm. The produce is either sold as a fundraiser or donated to the Aggie Cupboard, an NMSU food pantry that donates food to NMSU students and staff.
Compost club meets Virtually on Thursdays from 5:00 – 6:00 PM
President: Angelica S.
Defend our Future
Climate change activism club with the following purpose.
– Spread awareness of climate change on campus
– Create a culture of eco-friendly habits
– Educate students about proper recycling habits
– Participate in local, state-wide, and national environmental activism
Defend our Future meets in Virtually every other Monday at 6:00 pm
President: Melina B.
Vice President: Kayla N.
Secretary/Treasurer: David H.
Social Media Chair: Paulina B.